Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Overseas Candidate is for overseas students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese university / graduate school. All Rotary International District in Japan will open for 2023 enrollment.
Applicants are expected to have Japanese language proficiency: to understand basic Japanese: JLPT N4 level.
Applicants have to find out and apply for Japanese universities / graduate schools by themselves before applying for this scholarship and are requested to submit a copy of the application for admission for the university / graduated school. Those who enroll in graduate schools are requested to submit a recommendation letter from a supervisor / professor of the applicants’ targeted graduate school.
Read the Application Guidelines thoroughly and carefully, then prepare the documents precisely. Please don’t submit any documents which are not required in the guidelines.
When applying, please download and use the following documents:
- Application Guide for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Overseas Candidate
- Application for Scholarship
- Research Plan at Japanese University
- Scholarship Essay “Objective of my studies in Japan”
- Recommendation Letter
- Registration is required to apply for a scholarship for Overseas Candidate.
Enter information to the dedicated forms on the website and upload the application documentation.
Please click the button below.
- ※Applications for the 2023 academic year will open on October 1, 2022 at 13:00 JST.
- ※Please enter the exact name of the Japanese university or graduate school you are applying for. If you plan to go on to a university outside of Japan or language school, you are not eligible to apply.
- Application Period:
For both April and fall (September/October) 2023 Enrollment.
From: 13:00 JST on Saturday, October 1, 2022
To: 13:00 JST on Monday, October 31, 2022
- Announcement of Selection Results：
To Be Notified by the Middle of March 2023
Selection results will be notified to the applicants by email, and a certificate of eligibility will be issued to the successful applicants by the end of March 2023.
*If the applicant is rejected for admission to the issuing university / graduate school, s/he will lose eligibility for the scholarship at that point.
For April enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2023
For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2023
(1)Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
(2)Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
(3)Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
- Supplemental for Airfare：
Actual expenses to arrive to Japan up to 250,000 yen is reimbursed, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit all relevant receipts. Only the economy class fee is covered.
* Successful applicants must arrive in Japan prior to the designated month of admission. If not entered Japan by the month scholarship commences, the eligibility will automatically be lost.
If you have any inquiries, please feel free to contact us by the following form.