Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for applicants residing abroad is for overseas students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese university / graduate school. All Rotary International District in Japan will open for 2020 enrollment.
Applicants are expected to have Japanese language proficiency: to understand basic Japanese: JLPT N4 level.
Applicants have to find out and apply for Japanese universities / graduate schools by themselves before applying for this scholarship. Those who enroll in undergraduates are requested to submit a copy of the application for admission for the university / graduated school. Those who enroll in graduate schools are requested to submit a recommendation letter from a supervisor / professor of the applicants’ targeted graduate school.
Application deadline: 15 December 2019 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and fall (September/October) 2020 Enrollment.
Read the Application Guidelines thoroughly and carefully, then prepare the documents precisely. Please don’t submit any documents which are not required in the guidelines.
When applying, please download and use the following documents:
- Application Guide for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Applicants Residing Abroad
- Application for Scholarship
- Research Plan at Japanese University
- Composition “Objective of my studies in Japan”
- Recommendation Letter
- Application documents should be sent by email to the foundation.
- Application deadline:
15 December 2019 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and fall (September/October) 2020 Enrollment.
Application documents must arrive by the date.
- Announcement of Selection Results：
Notification of selection results are made by email at the following times:
1) Mid of February 2020: Tentative selection result
2) End of March 2020: Eligible notice
*If the applicant is rejected for admission to the issuing university / graduate school, s/he will lose eligibility for the scholarship at that point.
For April enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2020
For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2020
(1)Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
(2)Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
(3)Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
- Supplemental for Airfare：
Actual expenses to arrive to Japan up to 250,000 yen is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit all relevant receipts. Only the economy class fee is covered.
* Successful applicants must arrive in Japan prior to the designated month of admission. If not entered Japan by the month scholarship commences, the eligibility will automatically be lost, regardless of reason.
If you have any inquiries, please feel free to contact us by the following form.